Monday, March 31, 2014

Lucky Stars Blocks, January - March

Hello! How's everyone doing with their Lucky Stars BOM? Falling behind? Tsk, tsk! I kid. I'm actually behind, too. I had planned to do both the 12" and the 6" versions, but I haven't even printed out my 12" templates yep (well, I tried, but then my printer ran out of toner...) Don't worry. It's only March, so it shouldn't take that long to catch up, right? Anyway, since I only started blogging in the month of March, I have all my mini 6" blocks to share today.

Holy crap - making those seams match up isn't easy! I LOVE paper piecing and I'm not new at it, but as you can see, my blocks aren't perfect. A year ago I probably would have ripped them out, but now I go by two mottos: "close enough is good enough" (borrowed from Angela Walters) and "finished is better than perfect".

I have no idea what I'm going to do with these mini blocks. I plan to make the 12" ones using s fat quarter bundle of Kona cotton solids in the Slate Rock colourway (which will go to my dad to match the denim quilt my aunt gave him years ago). Or maybe I'll just hold on to them, and create an 'orphan block' quilt some months or years down the line.

Linking up with Lee from Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Keep on crafting, ladies!

Bree

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on those stars! To me, imperfect is sort of perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on your stars Bree! I love the quotes---so true! I need to remember that more often! :) Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with them. :)

    Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete