Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Humble Introduction

Hi there, and thanks for visiting my blog. If you stumbled upon me by accident, thanks for visiting anyway! My name is Bree and this blog is, obviously, called Dollhouse quilts, and it is a crafty/sewing blog primarily dedicated to quilty goodness, but with some other craft and DIY related content as well. I'm starting this blog with no goal in mind other than to participate in the amazing and talented online quilting community and get to know some of you wonderful quilters in the process.

A little bit about me: I'm a 21 (and a half!) year old from Toronto, Canada. I try and squeeze in as much sewing time as I can, but I'm also a full-time student studying to be a nurse and work part-time and have a wonderful little family to take care of, as well (consisting of one handsome man and two fur-babies). In fact my crafty adventures started when I learned to knit so I could make my dog (a little miniature dachshund) sweaters to tackle the crazy Canadian winters. I quickly discovered sewing, and sewed my first quilt... again, for my dog. And the rest is history.

I consider myself a modern-traditional quilter: I love the use of bright, bold colours; I love solids, but I also love the quintessential quilt block and shy away from too much negative space. Nonetheless, I appreciate and admire all types of quilting and love to learn about the history of this art form and think there are always opportunities to learn new things.

Also, my quilting space is a small fraction of the 400-square foot apartment I live in. As jealous as I am of all you quilters who have your own dedicated sewing rooms (I'm working on it...) I gotta work with what's available to me. One of my main missions within this blog is to provide tips and tricks for working in a small space. I know I'm not the only one!

I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet and come to a conclusion here. I'd like to part ways with a picture of the adorable little dog that started this all, and my first (ever!) quilt:

No comments:

Post a Comment